Learning at Home
For information from your teachers related to your child's age/class, please see the menu buttons on the right. If you are on your mobile device, please scroll down past these resources for the links for each age/class.
Please check back daily as this list is changing frequently! Notice something missing? Email [email protected] so it can be added!
Overall Environment and Schedule:
- How to Structure a Space for Learning in Your Home
- How to Talk to your Kids about Coronavirus
- Busy Toddler: A Realistic COVID Schedule
- Basic Sample Schedule (A Toddler and A Preschooler)
- Katie’s Schedule (more detailed)
- Khan Academy Sample Schedules
- Being Present with Our Kids
Educational Activities with Toddlers:
- Busy Toddler: Indoor Activities
- Sarah Does Science: Science Experiments at Home
Educational Activities for Preschoolers:
- PreKinders - Free Educational Materials
- Happy Hooligans - hands-on activity ideas
- Activities to cover different learning goals
- Scholastic Daily Lesson Plans!
- Lunch Doodles with Kid-Favorite Author: Mo Willems!
- Lakeshore Lessons and Freebies
- Pinterest - https://pin.it/382b7vv Take a peek into the 3s teacher planning idea board
Art, Music, Fine Motor, Gross Motor and Virtual Field Trips:
- Our Enrichment Tennis and Golf program has videos of activities for kids! Search on Facebook: Kidokinetics Dallas
- Art and Play Activity Guide
- Virtual Field Trips
- Make Your Own Playdoh! (Toss after a week and make more to avoid germs!)
- Go Noodle (create a free account)
Free Educational Support:
- Brainpop, Jr. Topical, kid-friendly videos, great to jump-start conversations and mini-lessons - PreK families: ask your teacher for free registration instructions!
Learning to Read Support and Topical Books
- Reading A-Z: Download books for your early readers on level and find topical non-fiction and fiction books if you are teaching a theme. Hint: they are a disaster to fold, so one-sided books are your best bet.
Username and Password for our school in your email from your teacher
Online Games and Videos (remember, parent taught is always more effective!)