Saint Michael Episcopal School is pleased to offer a series of parenting events to partner with you as we SHAPE our children in service, education, love and faith.
UPCOMING SHAPE EVENTS:
Tuesday, November 10, 12:30-2:00 PM
Virtual Drop and Drip: Discipline That Connects with a Child's Heart
Presented by Lynne Jackson of Connected Family Ministries
Save the NEW Date for the next event in our Virtual SHAPE Parenting Series: Discipline That Connects with a Child’s Heart with Connected Families Ministry! On Tuesday, November 10 from 12:30-2:00, grab a cup of coffee and join us online as we learn from Lynne Jackson, co-founder of Connected Families. What kids learn when they are disciplined will last a lifetime.
But, well- intentioned parents miss their kids’ hearts during discipline. It happens all the time. Instead of building the wisdom and respect they hope for, parents inadvertently build discouragement and resentment, which drives their kids to misbehave more. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
Lynne has over 25 years of experience as both a parent to three intense children and a pediatric occupational therapist. As a speaker, certified life coach, and author, she has helped thousands of parents learn to be peaceful, purposeful, and confident. Be on the lookout for an email soon with the link to sign up for the keynote address you won’t want to miss! For more about their program, Discipline That Connects, please visit their website.
PAST SHAPE EVENTS:
Virtual Presentation: Social Emotional Strategies in Early Childhood with Katie Balderston
We are passionate about building healthy brains through research-driven curriculum experiences starting with our youngest students. We use our time with your children intentionally to build relationships, help them feel safe, and model God’s love for His most important creation: His children. We are thankful to partner with you on that journey and we take that responsibility seriously.
Click Here for Access to the Parent Resource Folder, which includes:
- Video recording of the presentation, in case you missed it.
- Baby Doll Circle Time Handout with I Love You Rituals
- Sample Baby Doll Circle Time lessons – two of my favorites! One is about boo boos and the other is about feeling angry
- Sample Kimochi Lesson: Meet Cloud
Other Helpful Links:
- Link to Baby Dolls we use They come in many ethnicities, which is an important lesson in and of itself, but remember it doesn’t have to be a baby doll to do this at home! You can use stuffed animals you already have.
- Baby Doll Circle Time website to see materials and research links
- Research that supports the Kimochi Curriculum